Being out and about in familiar places, whether it's with friends or on your own, can trick you in to thinking you're safe. Chances are you are perfectly fine. However, never leave it to chance, always protect yourself and stay safe in all circumstances.
Tips to keep yourself safe
- Don’t advertise your electronic goods– keep them out of sight, in a bag or purse/ wallet– mobile phones especially.
- Don’t carry important documents around unless you require them- passport/ credit cards.
- Don’t walk down badly lit streets or alleyways- Always try to stay in a crowd.
- Don’t leave your bag unattended at any point.
- Do keep your wits about you- If you sense you are getting followed then go to a nearby shop and stay there until you feel you are safe again.